Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Favorite Veteran -My Dad

I come from a military family and therefore want to pay tribute to all who have, are, and will serve our country for my freedom. Most importantly my dad Sergeant Major William Curlee. Although he isn't allowed to talk very much about his service in the military I know that more than once his life was in jeopardy.


My dad in Korea.

My earliest memory of my Dad being in the military was the day he left for Germany. I can still remember standing on this porch as a tear ran down my face while my mom was telling me it would be okay and my dad saying he would send me some shoes. I got wooden clogs and I got the dress I am wearing in the picture. I still have them both.

5 comments:

The Curlee Family said...

This is what is it all about! I've never seen the picture from Korea. He looks so regal to me in his uniform. I am so proud to call him my father-in-law

Joe and Jake Est. 1990 said...

DD You are amazing! Your dad is so handsome!

Bonnie's Wealth of Knowledge said...

Loved the Washington DC memorial post. Leave it to you guys to find a white squirrel. I'm with your cousin I think it was a bald squirrel and if it was a ghost then I hope I never see it.

Why does your child love North Carolina and not Utah. We have so much more snow.

Thanks for finding my dad's name on the wall. I can't wait to go there myself one day and see it.

I loved the whole post. I loved the feather at the Korean War Memorial and the fact that you almost got arrested okay maybe not but it would have been so much funnier if you had.

And leave it to you to find a memorial that no one else would take the time to write aobut. I can't remember it it's on this blog or your other blog but I love your precious moments post. You are always seeing things that others just rush by.

I just have to say I think it's funny that we met in History class and neither on of us are that good at it. I didn't know why we had a 21 Gun salute I just knew it a military thing. Tell you cousin I learned something new today.

Louise said...

Delores- I was so moved by your posts. Thanks!

LeAnn said...

Very cool! I love those pictures of you and your Dad - what an incredible legacy you have!

Why Clayfrog?

A long time ago (our future animal rights activist who was 3 at the time) found a family of frogs in the clay and decided that was a good name for us because we would save all the frogs.