Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Favorite Christmas Display

Every year since John and I first got married the First Sunday of December we would turn on the Christmas music and put up our Christmas tree. We would finish the evening with a cup of hot cocoa. This year my nephew Adam, who has been living in Spain for 3years(and sending me great Prada purses)was coming home and he wanted us to come see him that night. Lorraine and I hopped in the car with my parents and off we went. I felt a little bad about not putting up the Christmas tree but on our way we passed a cemetery that was beautiful to me. This is what we saw and I know that the pictures won't do it any justice.



I had to take some pictures so I could add it to my precious moment's post (just for you Bonnie and Sarah) while my mom and dad and Lorraine waited patiently in the car. What a great way to pay tribute and remember love ones who have been lost. I decided to take a moment of silence and wish a few people of my own Merry Christmas. I thought of my friend at church whose husband died while serving our country in Iraq. I never knew him but my cousin who knew him from Alabama says he was a great man. I thought of Granny and Paw who are buried in this cemetery and how Granny was a grandmother to all of us growing up. I thought of Richard and his dad being with Granny and Paw talking about everyone and everything. I thought of my friend from BYU who lost her husband and child in an automobile accident at the beginning of this year, a child they had tried for many years to conceive. I thought about Beth and her loss of her mom Wilma. I thought about my former bishop's son whom I had babysat when he was little. Then I thought about my Grandma Curlee and my Uncle Frank because they were two of my favorite people in the world and I miss them. I took my moment of silence and remembered and admired the beauty of a simple candle shining in the dark.

No comments:

Why Clayfrog?

A long time ago (our future animal rights activist who was 3 at the time) found a family of frogs in the clay and decided that was a good name for us because we would save all the frogs.