Yesterday Nicholas and I went to our first band competition. Kristina,our niece,attends Ola High School and we kept thinking we would make it to a game to watch the show. Since she was performing about 15 minutes away Nicholas and I thought we would go watch. We got there at 4:15 thinking we would be there about 30 minutes and didn't leave until 11:30 that evening. I was amazed at how good her band was. I was amazed at all the bands. I have a new respect for all youth who participate in their High School Band. (Curlee Corner has a video of the performance.) It was so amazing to listen to them and to watch them. Ola's theme was "How the West Was Won". I had no idea that she had the only solo and when she came to the microphone and after listening I looked and saw it was her and of course I got a tear in my eye. I was so proud of her at that moment. I was proud of all that she had been through and I was especially grateful to Bruce and Beth for giving her this opportunity. Her band made it into the finals so they got to perform again. We just had to stay and see that solo again. Now that we knew it was her it was even better. We met up with her in between for a quick picture and a hug to tell her great job. She was off to practice and we were off to eat.

At 4:30 the sun was shining and it was nice and warm by 8:00 that night it was very cold. Nicholas and I went and moved the car so that we could sit in the car and watch. We would get out when it was a band we really wanted to see. The rest of the people all had brought heavy coats because they knew that they would be there late. We were definitely the newbies. It was a great day and we were so proud of you Kristina. Thanks for inviting us.
This last picture is the real reason we stayed until 11:30. We were freezing and had decided that we were glad Kristina's band was 2nd in the second round of competition. We would leave after that and Nicholas would go to the Haunted House with his friends. However, they always invite a college band to perform and when we got out of the car to go sit in the stands and watch Kristina's band the second time we tried to sit in the middle of a crowd so that we would be protected from the cold. We sat with a group of girls who were wearing nice warm jackets and they were talking about some pink shoes that they had seen one group of drill team girls wearing and how much they liked them. These girls, we found out were the drill team for the college band. I wanted to take a picture to show Kristina. Imagine our surprise when they took off their jackets and we realized the one talking about the pink shoes was a guy. Nicholas decided that we had to wait and watch this performance. Of course they were the last to perform. I don't know what I am going to do with him but I sure will be glad when his real mom and dad come back and take him home.
At 4:30 the sun was shining and it was nice and warm by 8:00 that night it was very cold. Nicholas and I went and moved the car so that we could sit in the car and watch. We would get out when it was a band we really wanted to see. The rest of the people all had brought heavy coats because they knew that they would be there late. We were definitely the newbies. It was a great day and we were so proud of you Kristina. Thanks for inviting us.
This last picture is the real reason we stayed until 11:30. We were freezing and had decided that we were glad Kristina's band was 2nd in the second round of competition. We would leave after that and Nicholas would go to the Haunted House with his friends. However, they always invite a college band to perform and when we got out of the car to go sit in the stands and watch Kristina's band the second time we tried to sit in the middle of a crowd so that we would be protected from the cold. We sat with a group of girls who were wearing nice warm jackets and they were talking about some pink shoes that they had seen one group of drill team girls wearing and how much they liked them. These girls, we found out were the drill team for the college band. I wanted to take a picture to show Kristina. Imagine our surprise when they took off their jackets and we realized the one talking about the pink shoes was a guy. Nicholas decided that we had to wait and watch this performance. Of course they were the last to perform. I don't know what I am going to do with him but I sure will be glad when his real mom and dad come back and take him home.
1 comment:
Thank you so much!! It meant to much to her that you guys went.
Post a Comment