“begin today and write … your goings and your comings, your deeper thoughts, your achievements, and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. President Spencer W. Kimball
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Trip to Washington D.C.
Mackenzie and I had the opportunity to visit Washington DC this past weekend. While we were there we stayed with my cousin Chris. He is stationed there currently and will be for the next two years. We were lucky enough to fly in on Friday, October 17 which just happened to be his and Nancy's Wedding Anniversary since she is still in Alabama he had to spend the evening with us. We went out to eat Italian food for their anniversary. He spent the next two days showing us around Washington DC. He said something to Mackenzie that really made me stop and think. He said you know Mackenzie when your Grandpa was in the Army he and your Grandma lived here in Washington and my mom and dad came to visit them and your Grandma and Grandpa showed them all around Washington just like I'm doing for you so tell your Grandma we are "Even Steven". I thought about this and how family is wonderful. We had a great weekend and I can promise you I know my dad and I know Chris and we laughed a lot more than they did on our trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Why Clayfrog?
A long time ago (our future animal rights activist who was 3 at the time) found a family of frogs in the clay and decided that was a good name for us because we would save all the frogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment