And finally I dedicate this post to Richard. Thank you for all the memories and lessons you taught so many of us. Thank you for reminding me to be grateful. I hope I can earn my friends each and every day the way you did. You kept on smiling and although you will be missed your pain will not.
Go Rest High On That Mountain
song from Richard's funeral
I know your life, On earth was troubled, and only you could know the pain
You weren't afraid to face the devil, you were no stranger to the rain.
Go rest high on that mountain Son, your work on earth is done.
Go to heaven a shoutin' love for the Father and Son
Oh, how we cried the day you left us. We gathered round your grave to grieve
I wish I could see the angels faces, when they hear your sweet voice sing
Go rest high on that mountain Son, your work on earth is done.
Go to heaven a shoutin' Love for the Father and Son.
3 comments:
Long post but good post. I'm glad we are blogging buddies now. College seems so long ago. I can't believe we have married children now. We should still be jumping on our beds and hanging out with cute guys. When are you coming to visit. J keeps wanting to see you. Glad you are my friend.
this is so sweet and thank you; you're always there and I'm sure I don't tell you enough
I am just now getting around to posting to this Thank you for being a friend.
I didn't know Richard very well,but what I knew of him, was that he was a wonderful spirit and even tho it was hard for me to hear about his passing, I know that he was met by the angels. And by his daddy and grandparents. And like one of my favorite songs says,
"when I get to where I'm going, there'll be only happy tears. In this case I am sure there were. Richard touched a lot of lives in his short time here on earth. And you are right, he was defintely a hugger. Even momma said that every time she saw Richard that she just had to go and hug him. And since we all know that grandma is not a big hugger, you have to know he was special.I know that Mary and her family wil miss him, but I know they will see him again and he will not be in pain anymore.What a wonderful thought.
That was a beautiful tribute Delores. And I am proud to be able to say that I am your sister, and friend. And you are right about our family, when something happens to one of us, it is like it happens to all of us. And we gather that circle in to strenghten each other. I know personally that you and your kids and bruce probably saved my son's life more than once. And for that I will always be grateful. Because now we have the baby with the most hair ever.So thank you for being there for me and my boys. And for helping with both of their weddings. You, Lanice, Beth, and Lorraine, are all wonderful to me. And I miss you all so much. Thank you for being who you are.
Grandma Vicki and your friend and sister,
saying, that I will like you always and I will love you forever.
Post a Comment